Bullfrog Season Harvesting Regulations and Licensing in Kentucky
Daily and Possession Limits for Bullfrogs
- Daily Limit: The daily limit for harvesting bullfrogs is 15, counting from noon of one day to noon of the next day.
- Possession Limit: At any given time, the possession limit is set at 30 bullfrogs.
Licensing Requirements Based on Harvest Method
If Taken by Gun or Bow/Arrow
- License Options: A Day (1 or 7-day) Hunting License or an Annual Hunting License is required.
- Inclusive Licenses: The annual option is included within both Sportsman's and Disability/Senior Licenses.
If Taken by Pole and Line
- License Options: A Day (1 or 7-day) Fishing License or an Annual Fishing License is mandatory.
- Inclusive Licenses: The annual fishing license is also a part of the Sportsman's and Disability/Senior Licenses.
If Taken by Gig or Hand
- License Requirement: Either a valid Fishing or Hunting License is necessary for this method of harvesting.
Season Information for Bullfrog Harvesting
General Season Dates and Regulations
- Statewide Season: May 19, 2023 - October 31, 2023.
- Harvest Start Time: Harvesting begins at noon on the opening date.
- Gender Restrictions: There are no gender-specific restrictions; either sex may be harvested.
For additional specifics on licensing exemptions and requirements, consult the current Hunting Guide or click here for more information and licensing. This resource is also where licenses can be bought or renewed online.