Key Contacts for Wildlife, Fisheries, and Outdoor Activities

Navigating the wealth of resources and services related to wildlife, fisheries, boating, and outdoor recreation in Mississippi is made easier with this comprehensive directory. Whether you're addressing beaver problems, registering a boat, engaging in commercial fishing, or seeking a hunting license, here's your guide to getting in touch with the right departments.

Wildlife and Fisheries Management

  • Beaver Problems/Animal Damage Control: USDA/WS at (662) 325-3014 offers solutions for managing wildlife-related issues, including beaver damage.
  • Commercial Freshwater Fishing: Contact Fisheries at (601) 432-2200 for licensing and regulations.
  • Commercial Wildlife Enclosures and Quail Breeders’ Licenses: MDWFP Regional Offices provide specific numbers for detailed assistance.
  • DMAP (Deer Management Assistance Program): MDWFP at (601) 432-2199 supports deer population management through tailored programs.
  • Falconry Permits: Obtain through MDWFP at (601) 432-2196 for engaging in the traditional sport of falconry.
  • Scientific Collecting Permits: The Museum at (601) 576-6060 facilitates permits for educational or scientific collection of wildlife.

Boating and Fishing Support

  • Boat Registration/Titling: MDWFP at (601) 432-2055 handles all boat registration and titling queries.
  • Fish Kills on Public Waters: Report incidents to MEMA 24/7 at (800) 222-6362.
  • Pond, Aquatic Plant, and Exotic Species Assistance: Fisheries at (601) 432-2200 offers guidance on managing aquatic ecosystems.

Hunting and Conservation Education

  • Disabled Hunting: MDWFP at (601) 432-2055 provides information on accessible hunting opportunities.
  • Hunter Education: Essential training is available through MDWFP at (601) 432-2180.
  • Lifetime License: Inquiries about lifetime hunting and fishing licenses can be directed to MDWFP at (601) 432-2055.

Environmental and Public Health

  • Environmental Complaints (State and Federal): MDEQ at (888) 786-0661 and USACOE at (800) 522-5672 address environmental concerns.
  • Ducks/Geese with Leg Bands: Reporting to USGS via contributes to avian research and conservation efforts.

Educational and Recreational Facilities

  • Mississippi Outdoors Magazine and Television: Subscribe or inquire at MDWFP at (601) 432-2244 or for media-related queries at (601) 432-2250/2251.
  • Shooting Facilities: McHenry, McIvor, and Turcotte facilities provide safe, structured environments for shooting sports.
  • State Fishing Lakes and Salt Water Regulations: Contact Fisheries at (601) 432-2206 and MDMR at (228) 374-5000 respectively for comprehensive guidance.

Conservation and Wildlife Organizations

  • Mississippi Wildlife Federation, Ducks Unlimited, and Wildlife Mississippi: These organizations offer various programs supporting wildlife conservation and outdoor education.
  • National Wildlife Refuges and Forests: Engage with nature, conservation efforts, and recreational activities by contacting specific locations directly.

Sign Up for Huntlink!

Huntlink is a free program that will allow us to send you state regulations to your email for the states you hunt in. The benefits of this are:

1. PDF Format - Downloadable

2. Able to be read with or without reception

3. Delivered right to your email with no ads

And much more!


The legal advice provided on Wild Advisor Pro is intended as a summary of the hunting, camping, hiking, and fishing laws and regulations and does not constitute legal language or professional advice. We make every effort to ensure the information is accurate and up to date, but it should not be relied upon as legal authority. For the most current and comprehensive explanation of the laws and regulations, please consult the official government websites or a qualified legal professional. Wild Advisor Pro is not responsible for any misunderstandings or misinterpretations of the information presented and shall not be held liable for any losses, damages, or legal disputes arising from the use of this summary information. Always check with the appropriate governmental authorities for the latest information regarding outdoor regulations and compliance.